Tuesday, 12 February 2008

Up and Down, Needs and Wants

Last week was another good reason to fill up the tank. I mean, in Singapore, what else is there to do apart from working and sleeping?

CNY eve, eat big with frens. CNY Day 1, eat big with siblings. CNY Day 2, eat in with family. CNY Day 3, eat out with family. CNY Day 4, eat many many many at Chai Chee. How could I ever say no to mum’s chicken curry and kremp’s cupcakes? Simply divinely heaven on earth. How to lose weight, then?

Actually on the eve of CNY eve, I was at the gym. Blasted an hour or so on the cardio machines, and little more on resistance training. But all gone to waste with all the eating I did on the following days.

To pacify myself (in self-defence mode), I declared it a ”let loose, what-the-heck” long weekend. Before heading to my mum’s place yesterday, I did a session at the gym in the morning. Managed to burn up about 450 calories (kept track this time), banged up my knee pretty bad (old injury), got a slight migraine (straining with weights and breathlessness – propranolol a great big help), and just plain knocked out. It was a case of mind over matter to get my body from jpt all the way to st91.

But actually, it wasn’t all that bad… I managed to shave off 2kgs. Yayyyyy!!!! Then it got me thinking… if only… IF ONLY… I didn’t plough my way through the weekend with food, I could have lost more. On one hand, I feel like jumping and dancing like Grandpa Bucket, on the other hand, I feel like giving myself a big kick in the behind for not having the cow-sense to control my eating. Quick, someone pass me a Meiji Dark Chocolate bar. What? No hep? Nebermine. I’ll get one tomolo at 7-11 on the way to work.

Needs : glucosamine tablets (my knees goes click-click everytime I walk) abt $45, elastic knee binder (size M) : abt $30, wardrobe overhaul (pangkat sudah up lah beb!) : many many $$$, pay 24mth gym contract (expiry next mth) : abt $1900, subscription to Shape magazine (better than Her World) : $60, new pair of sports shoes – pref mizuno, asics, nb or saucony : abt $230, (nike and adidas sux, only good for streetwear, I think).

Wants : crème de la mer anti-wrinkle/eye bag cream (used up the sampler) : omg, so ex!!, a pair of 3lbs foam covered dumbbells (to workout at home) : abt $43, nike yoga mat and carrier (becoz I like the texture and colors) : abt $65, a pair of heels from Guess? (just becoz) : abt $120, a pair of Crocs (old one in the archives already) : abt $90, a pair of Campers sneakers (wore old one to extinction) : abt $320.

Valentine’s Day coming up. Forget fancy flower bouquets, forget little blue packages with white ribbons. Not much of a bling-bling kind of girl. Just give me earth-shattering, lip-smacking chocolates (try to get it from Candy Empire – or just the banana split from nyny @ citylink mall) and pick from one of the above. See which one fits into your budget.


Hubs… HINT! HINT! HINT! Be generous. Please.

Who said Val Day only for lovers? Friend-ly love, sister-ly love (hint, hint!), daughter-ly love, sister-inlaw-ly love, cousin-ly love, colleague-ly love, ex-schoolmate-y love, neighbour-ly love… the more the merrier. Have I missed out anyone? So see which category you fit into, and do the necessary. Do I have to spell it out for you?

How much do I love thee… depends on which of the above you get me. Shameless, this chick!

Wakakakakakakakakakakaka!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dream on, blubber! PS : I am usually not so thick-skinned. Must be the overworked liver flushing out the toxins.

Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside.
Mark Twain

No comments: