Sunday, 24 February 2008

Things that go bump

It has been an eventful Feb. Caught a few movies, lost a few kilos, experienced some hibby-jibbies, got myself a few things I wanted... haiiiizzzz could it get any better? February has been a good month. March... has never been a good month for me. Well, apart from my dad's and son's birthdays, nothing interesting happens. Ok, let's not plunge into March first. There are still a few things in February that I gotta let youz people know.

Just last week I had a very freakin' impossible deadline to work on. My fingers were practically like sotong tentacles all over the keyboard. Even then, I only managed to finish like only 2/3 of it by Thursday night. I was in the office until about 9-ish when I realised what the time was. Then it struck me, malam jumaat. Apa lagi, blah lah. As I was making my way home, I told myself that I had to come in a little earlier tomorrow to make sure everything was in order for my boss by 8+.

By 6.50am the next day, I was already seated at my cubby hole ready to pound the keys again. Oh God! Has my life been reduced to just work, work, work? Just as I was about to work on the first slide, I heard some rustling sounds diagonally opposite me. Can't be. I was the only one in the office. Looked up, there was no one there. So I plugged the earphones in my ear and switched on the radio. CSK! CSK! CSK! There it was again. It sounded like someone was rearranging messy papers on the table. "Dammit, I need to work here!" I "talked" to it(?) silently. It went quiet.

CSK! CSK! CSK! This time it sounded more like someone crumpling a plastic bag. Don't know where I got the nerve to stay on and continue working. But I pulled out the earphones and set my radio to loudspeaker. I glanced at the clock on the wall. Damn! Only 7.00am. Please remember, I only switched on the light above my cubby hole. The rest of the office was still dark. Then out of the corner of my left eye, I thought I saw someone walking past my cubby hole. Erh, can't be. Moved too fast. Where the heck did I have the guts to stay on and continue working? I have no freakin' idea. Again, the shadow passed a few times just out of my direct view. Irritating, right?

Then I thought I saw a long haired person walk by a particular area. I thought, hey, someone else is here to keep me company. Then I realised. Heeeeeyyyyyy...... the only person with access to that particular area usually comes just in time at 8.00am sharp. And it's a guy.

SO WHO WAS THAT?????

Your guess is as good as mine.

The fearless are merely fearless. People who act in spite of their fear are truly brave.
James A. Lafond-Lewis

No comments: